If you have a passion and commitment for saving lives through multimedia storytelling, please consider applying for our Love Story Creative Leadership Team. We are new media storytellers with a philanthropic commitment to validate and inspire the broken hearted to transform their pain into creative expression instead of self-destruction. We believe that by taking away the stigma of depression we will lower suicidal ideations associated with grief and loss.
WHO WE ARE
The Love Story is a 501(c)3 non-profit new media publishing and journaling organization empowering those who have loved and lost to transform their pain into passion through the power of storytelling, journaling, and sharing.
WHAT WE DO
We interview artists who have transformed their loss into creative expression to inspire others to do the same.
WHY IN THE WORLD ARE WE DOING THIS?
Every 13 minutes, an American commits suicide. 1 out of 3 suicides is love-loss related. The leading cause of suicide is depression and depression is one of the stages of grief.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for 15 to 24-year-olds and 2nd for 24 to 35-year-olds.
- Males make up 79% of all suicides, while women are more prone to having suicidal thoughts.
- The leading cause of suicide is depression and depression is one of the major symptoms of love loss.
WHO ARE YOU?:
You love digital media–YouTube, Vice, LipTV, Vimeo everything that involves documentary visual storytelling.
You are an avid fan and practitioner of short form documentaries.
You love interviewing people about love loss.
You have a curiosity for people and what’s beneath the surface.
You aren’t afraid to ask the tough question and get confronted by awkwardness of the human social interaction.
You are multi-talented. You know how to film, shoot b-roll, interview, and video edit on Adobe Premiere.
You aren’t afraid to take directions, give directions, and create new directions.
You love looking for your own stories, determine what’s compelling, and go out and do it.
You are a filmmaker and Storyteller at heart.
We are looking for someone is committed to publishing one short documentary every 2 weeks for our digital platform for at least 3 stories.
BUILD YOUR DEMO REEL WITH US!
>We offer joint-copyright agreements, giving you the power and creative freedom as the associate producer to amplify the story on other digital outlets or for your professional portfolio or resume.
>Be a stand for suicide prevention and taking away the stigma of depression
Associate Producer & Storyteller Role:
- Find an artist you like who could be a good fit with our mission (Artists who have transformed their pain into their passion)
- Securing the interview
- Crew-up to do the interview (you’ll be resourceful & team savvy)
- Post-production –2 cuts (“The Art”) and (“Letting Go”)
- Posting it on backend of digital website (online training included)
- Spreading the awareness of the story on social platforms (we have a social strategy map in mind)
These are all essential skills we’re looking for in a candidate who wouldn’t mind learning and challenging oneself as a multimedia storyteller.
- Your own camera equipment or knowing how to build your own skeleton crew.
- Ability to video edit on Adobe Premiere.
- Internet Connection and Working Knowledge of WordPress
- Working Knowledge of these social medias: Facebook, Instagram, SoundCloud, Vimeo, Tumblr, and YouTube.
or Apply Here.
Love and Blessings,
Executive Producer of www.thelovestory.org
“So to find a situation where there can be shared honesty, where two people let each other know how much they hurt–it’s only in that setting it seems that healing can take place, this healing of the spirit.” –Bill W. Founder of AA
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”